SEOUL SELECTION GUIDES: Seoul
- Author : Robert Koehler
- Publisher : Seoul Selection
- Pub. Date : Oct 2008
- Cover : Paperback
- Dimensions (in inches) : 5.9 x 7.81 x 1.06
- Pages : 464
- ISBN : 978-89-91913-58-5
In Stock:299 $31.50
You Save : $3.50 (10%)
- Product Description
*Updated in Dec.2009, Jun. 2011 and May 2012.
Look Inside the Book!
Seoul Selection is proud to announce the release of Seoul Selection Guides: Seoul. The most comprehensive guidebook to the city of Seoul ever released, SEOUL contains 464 pages of in-depth travel information, helpful tips, background information on culture and history, detailed maps and beautiful photographs. Making full use of Seoul Selection’s vast knowledge of the city, the guidebook is perfect not only for tourists visiting Seoul on holiday, but also for veterans of the metropolis looking for a deeper understanding of its history and culture.
• Comprehensive and detailed NEIGHBORHOOD-BY-NEIGHBORHOOD DESCRIPTIONS of one of Asia’s most dynamic cities
• BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHS that bring alive Seoul’s scenic charms
• HELPFUL TIPS to ensure you make the most of your visit
• DETAILED MAPS and TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
• CULTURE AND HISTORY NOTES that provide background information and stories to enrich your traveling experience
• Information on DAY TRIPS TO INTERESTING LOCALES outside of Seoul, including the DMZ and Korea’s royal tombs
• Text provided in FUN-TO-READ AND EASY-TO-USE manner
About the Book
Seoul Selection Guides: Seoul aims to be the definitive guide to Korea’s historic capitals. For reader convenience, it is divided into two sections: Part 1 introduces things to do and see in Seoul, while Part 2 covers basic tourist information. Features include:
• Seoul’s Best 7: A photographic guide to the city’s highlights.
• History of Seoul: 600 years of Seoul history, put in compact and easy-to-read form.
• Maps: Illustrated and coordinated maps to help you get around.
• Travel Tips: Helpful advice on tourist destinations.
• History and Culture Notes: Interesting stories and background information to enrich your travel experience.
About the Author
A native of Long Island, New York, Robert Koehler has lived in Korea since 1997. Readers of this magazine know him best as the editor-in-chief of SEOUL, Seoul Selection’s monthly travel magazine. Prior to joining Seoul Selection, he worked as a translator for a major Korean newspaper and, before that, an English teacher in the Korean countryside. In addition to this guidebook, he has also co-authored the best-selling walking guide "Seoul’s Historic Walks."
[ Book Reviews ]Amazon.comhttp://www.amazon.com/Seoul-Selection-Guides-Robert-Koehler/dp/899191358X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256808547&sr=8-1
The Korea Times
No customer comments for the moment.